Anything goes quesadilla
Jill Dupleix: Member of public
Keep a pack of flour tortillas handy with leftover veggies like sweet potato, butternut squash or carrots. Then hunt through the fridge and pull out all those scraps of leftover cheese – the wedge of stilton, the finger of gruyere, the wedge of cheddar, and put the lot together in minutes.
Ingredients: serves 4
- 8 flour tortillas
- 500 g cooked sweet potato (or butternut squash, lightly crushed or chopped)
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 100 g blue cheese
- 200 g mozzarella (fresh)
- Place a flour tortilla in a dry nonstick frying pan and lavishly spread with the crushed vegetables, right to the edges.
- Season with salt and pepper and scatter with the cheeses. Top with another tortilla and cook over a medium heat until lightly browned, about 3 mins.
- Turn once, and cook the other side until lightly browned and the cheese has melted.
- Transfer to a board, and keep warm while you make the others. Cut in half or into quarters to serve.
Keep dairy products in the fridge, unless you plan to freeze them.