Winter vegetables are in season now and can be used in a variety of tasty and healthy meals.
Follow our easy hints, tips and recipe ideas to help you make the most of the delicious vegetables on offer this winter.
- The next time you are planning your food shopping why not take advantage of the fresh, Scottish seasonal produce on offer.
- Seasonal food tends to be fresher and tastier. What could be more delicious?
- If you grow your own fruit and vegetables make sure you can use the full crop by following our seasonal storage tips.
- Use seasonal produce to make the tasty dishes donated to us by Scottish chefs and food writers.
Buying local couldn’t be easier
- Farmer’s market and farm shops
Why not visit your local Farmer’s Market or farm shop this summer? They offer a variety of locally grown food, fresh from the producer.
- Local food shops
Your local bakers, butchers, delis, greengrocers and fishmongers all offer a range of local, seasonal produce.
Look out for Scottish seasonal produce at your local supermarket.